Little update...
It’s been quite from my side ... at least on the my Blog.
It is just that there is not so much to say, not so much to tell, not so much news … although… We have moved our office and I now have my own nice little room; I’ve had my first big client on a visit in Beijing, I’m playing in the 11-a-side football as well now, had some drunk nights with the Barbarians, My Darling had a promotion at her work ‘Chef logistique’, it is freezing outside, … and we have our plane tickets for Belgium!
So at my work things are going fine. The move of the office made us loose a lot of precious time though. I’m in negotiation of my new contract, which finally will have a decent salary. Meanwhile I already have my own little office, yes I a little bit proud of it, making my colleagues and even boss jealous )). (see picture).
For you who haven’t checked it out yet, here is the link to out website. We are continuously making improvements. www.antique-chinese-furniture.com www.millstonetrading.com and then the other blog I have to keep updating : www.acf-china.com/blog .
I have to try to develop the European market a bit more. So if any of you guys know of someone who is in the business, who thinks of importing from ‘the factory of the world’, please connect me !
As for our living here. There was a little fight with the landlord, which made my precious darling so mad, that she doesn’t want to renew the contract here. Thus we will have to look for another place (before end of February). Then arises the question again if we should buy or rent. And the answer to that … takes thousands of websites to read, making you only more confused. People talking about a big crash, other about standards that keep rising, devaluation of the RMB, the continuous growth of the Chinese economy, …
With the Olympics just ahead, prices have even gone up again… No one knows what will happen after the big event.
Meanwhile my flat in
My private life is also taking more shape. Although I am spending way too much hours in the office and for work. The weekends my girlfriend takes possession of me. But luckily I have my football team ! Those guys know about party! Now and then I am ‘allowed’ to join them on a Barbaric night with liters of beer(see pictures).
I play every Wednesday in the 5-a-side team, and now also sometimes in the weekends in the 11-a-side.
Going out in
But so we are happy here, just a little too busy. Still so much plans and opportunities. (Interesting people (expats) that you could never have the chance of talking to back home) It is half a year now, since I arrived
Next big moment is 19 december, then we take the plane to Charles-de-Gaule (can you imagine, we have found return tickets at 450 EUR a piece, what a bargain (115 EUR taxes included)). So we will be back in
I do look very forward to going home… for a while. And I miss (most of) my friends a lot (I mean … they don’t even come online … but I guess it’s up to me to call them).
Well that’s it for now. Time to sleep. I am looking forward to read all the comments of you! KEEP IN TOUCH!
(I am setting up new website, incl. forum, in which I want to have some discussions going on about economical, political, and more serious also football subjects… hope to meet all of you there! As soon as my best Chinese friend, ex colleague and now my webmaster Zhou Yan Qin has time to get a move on it)
Hugg , FreD


2 comments:
we zullen ons best doen om je mee te nemen naar een aantal feestjes waarbij je vriendjes de barbarians volledig zullen verbleken, naar huis kruipen en zich dicht tegen mama neer zullen vleien. hier wordt niet gelachen en evenmin gesproken. onze mond dient hier maar één belang, hetg prehistorisch belang: in leven blijven door voldoende vloeistof in te nemen. nog maar enkele maanden weg en al op het verkeerde pad. lap !! wij hebben hier niet stil gestaan, ik toch niet. ik hebben zitten trainen en bijtrainen. ik sta scherp. tot snel.
Salut Fred!
Ca faisait un p'tit bout de temps que j'avais pas eu de nouvelles.
Comment ca se passe en Chine?
Au fait, pas mal le nouveau bureau! Alors comme ca vous avez reellement demenager? Vous n'etes plus a Wanda?
J'espere que tout se passe bien pour toi et "l'equipe ACF" ^^
Bon courage pour la suite!
Karine
Post a Comment